Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Signing Up With Readability

After seeing several tweets about running into complications signing up with Readability, I decided I wanted to see just how difficult this feat was to accomplish. At first I had some doubts as to whether or not I could even sign up with the service since I post everything to a standard blogger account. I don't even have a registered domain name. Well, I'm pleased to report that neither of these things disqualified me from signing up. So just how complicated was the registration process? These are the steps…

  1. Provide your name, email, domain name, and a username/password
  2. Click on an emailed verification link
  3. Readability creates a verification meta tag that you copy/paste into the <head> block of the HTML of your blog/website
  4. There is no step four
Apparently I completed all of these tasks correctly, because I am indeed showing up as being registered. I personally do not expect to make any money from this little exercise as I have no real audience. I just wanted to see how difficult the registration process was. What's my conclusion?

Writing this post was harder than signing up with Readability.

If you have any traffic on your site at all, do yourself (and Readability subscribers) a favor by registering.

 

1 comment: